I’m wishing you a joyful day today and hello, welcome to Blogmas Day 2!!! 🎄❤️
As you can read from the title, I made a DIY advent calendar using the things that I already HAVE at home and it’s a good thing that I didn’t even spend a single coin to make this DIY. This is also very easy to do so if you have the materials at home, then you can just honestly go ahead and make this as it’s really easy!!
It’s actually my first time doing an advent calendar at all so I don’t really know if you’re really supposed to put presents in each date because I only made cards which has motivational messages inside. Please tell me in the comments if I’m cheating on this one! Haha!
Here’s the overall look of the calendar! It’s looks really plain the picture but it looks SO cute in my room! And as you can see in the picture, you might probably have the materials in your home right now!
- Styroboard (My styroboard was 1/4 in size but I cut a small portion of it so it looks smaller.)
- Yarn (Whichever color you prefer and whatever you have at home!)
- Pushpins (You’ll be needing a lot!)
- Bond Paper (Yes, girl. Just some bond papers. I actually thought of using vellum boards but I thought there’d be no difference so I just used bond paper.)
- Printed out dates. (I got mine from Pinterest and here’s the link of what I used.)
And yes, there you go! You have the materials for this DIY! Of course you’ll also need the basic art necessities like scissors, cutter and some paste to stick the print outs on!
You can choose what size you want in the letters but make sure it fits the styroboard as you’ll have 24 dates in it!
The bond papers acted like an envelope and inside it were letters/motivational messages for each day. As I’m searching for DIY Advent Calendars, some said that there should be presents inside but I thought, I’m not gonna buy 24 pieces of items for myself so I made an alternative and made cards!
So yes, that’s pretty much everything for today! I hope you had a good time reading this and would help you have ideas for your advent calendar if ever you’re doing it yourself as well.
Thank you, always! ❤️