Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. I hope you all are staying safe and sane this quarantine. Not too long ago, I was nominated for an award and I’ll talk about it in today’s post. Before I start, I just want to apologize if I have not been responding instantly to all your comments in my blog. My laptop is not working properly and I am really frustrated about it. I don’t really find it comfortable to type in the screen of my iPad because I’m not used to it but anyway, sorry for my little rant. I just thought I’d let you know!
Before I rant a little more longer, let’s get started with the post!
Blogger Recognition Award
Thank you so much to the very lovely Leilani from hopeleilani.com for nominating me to do this award. You all should go ahead and visit Leilani’s blog. It is very aesthetic for me and I really love her posts plus she’s really a kind and a supportive person. You all should go check it out! ❤️
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write the post for the award.
- Give a brief story of how you started your blog.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select up to 15 bloggers to nominate for the award and comment on their blogs letting them know that you’ve chosen them for the award.
How I Started My Blog
It was Christmas of 2015 and we were on our way to my grandparent’s house to visit them and I was just on my phone watching Zoella’s vlogs. Back then, I was a really huge fan of Zoella and the team internet and I really do enjoy watching their challenges and stuff. Until finally, I came across to Zoella’s blog and I definitely fell in love with how it looked and that time, there were snow falling and it was just really festive and lively.
Since I have been writing for myself since 2013, I thought, why not make one for myself? I just really wanted to have a platform for what I write that time and I didn’t really know much about blogging but I stumbled upon WordPress and there, this blog came to life! I honestly have never expected that I will meet a lot of friends and supportive bloggers in this platform because you know, I was really just writing— my thoughts, how my day went, my favorite music, series, my adventures, my whereabouts and literally whatever I could think of.
Now I have more than 2000 followers (blog and email subscribers) and I have seriously met a lot of amazing, supportive and kind people online. It’s really crazy to think that because of blogging, I have so many friends now from across the world and it really still fascinate me every time.
And oh, I actually still have my first ever post which you can read here: Hello
My Advice For New Bloggers
- Just keep on writing and be passionate about it. I don’t know if it’s just me or you can really feel if someone is passionate in what they write about. You have to love what you are doing because if you do, other people will truly appreciate it and support you. If you think that you make weird or different content from others, just keep on writing passionately because you’ll eventually find people that has similar taste as your and you’ll eventually connect.
- Read posts from other bloggers and if you want, you can leave alovely comment on their post. If you want to write, you have to read lots. The blogging community is a community full of love and support and the cycle goes on. You might really want to interact with other bloggers because you get to learn from them, have their support and most of all, you get to have a friend by the end of the day. There’s literally no need to be shy in this community as everyone is just really accepting and I know I have said this many times, but they are also really supporting as well.
I am very sorry if I break the rule by nominating just 5 people. These five people I am about to tag are the bloggers that I really love and have known for so long now. I really love their content and I’m just really happy and grateful to have met them in this huge community. ❤️
There you go. I hope you enjoyed this post! If there’s something wrong with the technicalities of this post as it may appear on your browser, I’m really sorry, I was really having a hard time to use my iPad in this.
Again, thank you so much to Leilani for nominating me in this! I really loved doing it and I really appreciate it! ❤️
What are some of your advices to new bloggers? I’d love to know, too!
Another thing, I’m still up putting buttons in my blog. Take a look here: https://writingsbyjm.com/buttons/ If you want your button to be posted in mine, you can comment down below or exactly in the Buttons page. I’d gladly put yours up! 🙂
Please stay at home and don’t go out unless very necessary; practice social distancing if you do. Salute to all the front liners risking their own lives to help in this whole situation. You are all heroes! Speak up to the government/authorities if they’re not doing their part. Wash your hands and avoid touching your face. Contact your families, relatives and friends who are far away from you, make sure they are safe and well. Pray deeper. Stay safe everyone!